GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   flowering protea (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/45609-flowering-protea.html)

AJS 17-10-2003 11:42 AM

flowering protea

Does anybody have a clue why my Protea's are not flowering?
Do I need to give a certain flowering induction?

V_coerulea 17-10-2003 11:02 PM

flowering protea

Where do you live? What are the light conditions? Humidity? What size are
the plants? What mix are they in?

AJS 18-10-2003 08:32 PM

flowering protea

Conditions: summer long days 18Cnight 20-25Cday, winter short days 8Cnight,
15Cday, very poor peatmix, RH moderate. Well sized, well growing plants
Any conditions know to induce flowering in Protea?

"V_coerulea" schreef in bericht

V_coerulea 21-10-2003 01:03 AM

flowering protea

Sounds like good conditions to me. Keep on the dry side in winter. My
Proteas, depending on species, don't usually bloom until about 2 1/2-3' in a
4-5 gal pot. Leucodendrons and Leucospermums usually flower at 4-6'.
Humidity should be low and light intensity should be high. For more info,
try http://finebushpeople.co.za/ffproteas.htm
Gary