Old 17-10-2003, 11:42 AM
AJS

Default flowering protea

Does anybody have a clue why my Protea's are not flowering?
Do I need to give a certain flowering induction?

Old 17-10-2003, 11:02 PM
V_coerulea

Where do you live? What are the light conditions? Humidity? What size are
the plants? What mix are they in?

Old 18-10-2003, 08:32 PM
AJS

Conditions: summer long days 18Cnight 20-25Cday, winter short days 8Cnight,
15Cday, very poor peatmix, RH moderate. Well sized, well growing plants
Any conditions know to induce flowering in Protea?

"V_coerulea" schreef in bericht

Old 21-10-2003, 01:03 AM
V_coerulea

Sounds like good conditions to me. Keep on the dry side in winter. My
Proteas, depending on species, don't usually bloom until about 2 1/2-3' in a
4-5 gal pot. Leucodendrons and Leucospermums usually flower at 4-6'.
Humidity should be low and light intensity should be high. For more info,
try http://finebushpeople.co.za/ffproteas.htm
Gary

protea pruning Don Australia 3 10-06-2006 12:47 PM
Protea cynaroides question Ford Prefect United Kingdom 7 27-09-2004 06:10 PM
protea's brian white Texas 0 17-07-2004 02:13 AM
king protea Gabra Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:32 AM
[IBC] Flowering Plum Bonsai tree question. Marty Haber Bonsai 0 23-01-2003 03:20 PM