Old 17-12-2003, 02:33 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Old Trees

I have been wondering how it goes with the efforts to grow Argania spinosa
in Israel

Here's an article on the subject. A
HREF="http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/proceedings1996/V3-037.html"New Crops
as a Possible Solution for the Troubled Israeli Export Market/A
This article mentions that they are still in the testing stage:
A HREF="http://desertagriculture.org/germp1.html"Germplasm 1 and 2 in the
Desert Agriculture project/A

Syracuse routinely gets Clementines from Israel every winter, and occasionally
tomatoes.
Thank you for the interesting information. I never heard of the tree before.
Actually the latest newsworthy product from Israel is a gun that shoots around
corners.
Want to "hear a good one?"
Remember the guy with a university address who wanted the scientific name for
watermelon radish? I did a two-minute search and wrote:
Why can't people, especially university students, learn to do simple Google

searches? The proper name for "Watermelon radish" is Shinrimei. If you want to
give it a botanical name, it is Raphanus sativus 'Shinrimei.'
He wrote back:
I did do quite a few searches and never found
a definitive answer. (In fact, I work for IBM and teach a community service
course on advanced Internet searching.)

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 25-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Gaiawar

He wrote back:
I did do quite a few searches and never found
a definitive answer. (In fact, I work for IBM and teach a community service
course on advanced Internet searching.)

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

D'uhhh! I'm not surprised in the least; we get college bred morons who
fail to grow into Janus vision and thus are crippled, forever
remaining in childhood, unless rightly prescribed trauma shocks them
into reality.

-Gaia's War

old pond, old pump Charlie Brown Ponds (alternative) 1 04-08-2006 08:19 PM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Bill Neff Bonsai 3 18-05-2005 04:28 AM
[IBC] For old, Old, OLD members ;-) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 17-05-2005 09:14 PM
Old Trees and old news P van Rijckevorsel Plant Science 0 17-12-2003 04:04 PM
Planting a 3 week old tank and propagating a 2 year old sword rhizome McCord Tech Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 12-09-2003 10:22 AM