Old 22-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Finally Found It

In case anyone cares. You will recall I was trying to remember the name of a
houseplant which is one of the OSX screen images. It is a hybrid, Pilea 'Moon
Valley.' The Russians have a similar cultivar called 'Norfolk.'
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 23-05-2004, 04:03 AM
Gnarlodious

Entity Iris Cohen spoke thus:

In case anyone cares. You will recall I was trying to remember the name of a
houseplant which is one of the OSX screen images. It is a hybrid, Pilea 'Moon
Valley.'

is this what you have in mind?

http://home.earthlink.net/~gnarlodious/Forest05.jpg

-- Gnarlie's Applescript page
http://www.Gnarlodious.com/Mac/AppleScript/Page.html

Old 23-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Iris Cohen

Entity Iris Cohen spoke thus:

Are you sure I'm an entity? I thought I might be a figment of my husband's
imagination.

is this what you have in mind?
http://home.earthlink.net/~gnarlodious/Forest05.jpg

Yes. I finally remembered it was a Pilea, & a little searching refreshed my
memory. I haven't seen one in years.

Old 24-05-2004, 05:07 AM
Cereus-validus

Sorry Iris but its not a hybrid. Its an unnamed species that was given a
cultivar name in the trade. Now you must track down its proper name if it
has one.

Old 24-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Iris Cohen

It's an unnamed species that was given a
cultivar name in the trade. BRBR

OK, so it's Pilea sp. 'Moon Valley.' Since I don't have anything but a
photograph to go by, how would I begin to identify it? Who is the registration
authority for the genus Pilea or the Urticaceae?