Old 11-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default Giant Hogweed - Some photos

In article , Icarus
writes
Comments welcome.

On the wild flowers page you could use ALT tags to indicate (some
browsers flash up the ALT tag contents when you place the mouse over an
image) what the flowers are, or otherwise label the images. Pictures of
anonymous flowers aren't going to be very popular with search engines.

There's also the point that the page takes several minutes to load. (Yes
I know some of my pages are guilty of this as well.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
http://www.malvaceae.info/
Old 12-07-2004, 02:33 AM
Jim Carlock

Reminds me of that song by the Beatles, "Lucy In The Sky
With Diamonds". I agree, that a person should be standing
next to it to let people see it's relative size. Would make the
picture all that more impressive.

I agree about the ALT tags as well, but I see you already
have them in place. I would put the ALT text underneath the
pictures as well. Maybe in an 8pt Arial, sans-serif font. I usually
create a style to do this...

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"
html
head
meta name="Description" content="Impressive hogweed on the river banks." /
style type="text/css"!--
/* font-size */
..fs8 {
font-family: Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 8pt;
}
--/style
/head
body
div align="center"
img src="picturename.jpg" border="0" alt="Picture of you."
title="Picture of you." /br /
span class="fs8"Picture of you./span
/div
/body

Note: The code above is coded for XHTML Transitional and
is 100% browser compatible with all browsers that I know of.

I don't think HTML will ever disappear, but I got in the habit
of programming HTML with XML and then they came out
with the XHTML standards and everything I do currently is
XHTML Transitional as specified by the DOCTYPE tag. All
web documents should have a DOCTYPE tag as the first tag
on the webpage. Microsoft doesn't support the DOCTYPE
tag with FrontPage (at least not in the XP version or any
version prior) even though the DOCTYPE tag has been in
place since approximately 1999.

http://y2u.co.uk/&002_Images/Hogweed%2001.htm

Nice webpage and nice pics. I do not have a problem with the
speed of the page. :-) Everything looks quite nice.

--
Jim Carlock
http://www.votetoimpeach.org/

Old 12-07-2004, 09:50 PM