Old 07-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Zeitkind

Default And the next..

... unknown one. Appeared in this area some years ago, nice looking
somehow, but no idea what it is and where it came from. Spreads in
gardens and parks now.

Ne1?

http-removeme-://www.mein-zeugs.de/pub/unknown2.jpg
Old 08-09-2004, 03:50 AM
mel turner

"Zeitkind" wrote in message
.. unknown one. Appeared in this area some years ago, nice looking
somehow, but no idea what it is and where it came from. Spreads in
gardens and parks now.

Ne1?

http-removeme-://www.mein-zeugs.de/pub/unknown2.jpg

It's definitely a species of Phytolacca [Phytolaccaceae]. The leaf
shape and the erect infructescences and deeply lobed fruits would
beunusual for P. americana [the one that is common here], but
they do closely match this illustration for P. acinosa:

http://www.botanikus.de/Gift/kermes.html

more Phytolacca pics:
http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/imaxxpht.htm

Hope that helps.

cheers

Old 08-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Roger Whitehead

In article , Zeitkind wrote:
Another immigrant form the new colonies..

This page says it's from Asia -
http://www.botany.wisc.edu/garden/db...ytolacca&speci
es=acinosa

Roger

Old 09-09-2004, 01:32 AM
Zeitkind

Roger Whitehead wrote:

This page says it's from Asia -
http://www.botany.wisc.edu/garden/db...ytolacca&speci
es=acinosa

Seems to be again a "world-plant"..

Another source: "About 25 species: nearly cosmopolitan, mostly native to
South America, a few species in Africa and Asia; four species (one
endemic, one introduced) in China."

And now in Europe.. why don't they import non-poisonous plants? We
already have enough here..
(just found Conium maculatum in my garden..)
Old 09-09-2004, 09:29 AM
Roger Whitehead

In article , Zeitkind wrote:
Seems to be again a "world-plant"..

Another source: "About 25 species: nearly cosmopolitan, mostly native to
South America, a few species in Africa and Asia; four species (one
endemic, one introduced) in China."

There's no contradiction there unless they are saying this particular species
is coming from other than Asia. Many genera are spread across continents.

Roger

Old 14-09-2004, 01:00 AM
Peter Jason

It's just getting started. It really shreds and crushes trolls and spammers
like you.
This would be a good time to start trembling.
Better go back to those phallic cactii.
Attaboy

Old 14-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Cereus-validus

Time for you to call your doctor and have him change your meds. Those ground
crocodile testicles you are taking just aren't doing the trick!!! You need
to take real anti-psychotics, Skeeter Peter.

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
It's just getting started. It really shreds and crushes trolls and

spammers
like you.
This would be a good time to start trembling.
Better go back to those phallic cactii.
Attaboy

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
news
A really competent job of it you did, Wombat licker!!!

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
Hey Cactus-boy! I kill-listed YOU yesterday.

news Another nutter goes on to the kill list.

Old 14-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Peter Jason

Me...!!!...??? I need no meds for squeaking manic mice like you. I see your
mummy lets you out of the playpen once a day; which is once a day too often.
This used to be a kewl newsgroup before you dumped on it.
O for SHAME!

om...

Old 14-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Cereus-validus

Don't have a cow, Gomer!!!

[...]

news A really competent job of it you did, Wombat licker!!!

"Peter Jason" wrote in message
Hey Cactus-boy! I kill-listed YOU yesterday.

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
news Another nutter goes on to the kill list.

"Roger Whitehead" wrote in

message
In article , Zeitkind

Old 14-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Sean Houtman

"Cereus-validus" wrote in
om:

Time for you to call your doctor and have him change your meds.
Those ground crocodile testicles you are taking just aren't doing
the trick!!! You need to take real anti-psychotics, Skeeter Peter.

Still top-posting? Oh well. At least my medications work...

Sean

Old 14-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Cereus-validus

If top-posting annoys you so much, I will continue to do it!!

Maybe you medication is the reason for your dim wittedness, Sean?

You are definitely a Wallace not a Grommit!

"Sean Houtman" wrote in message
"Cereus-validus" wrote in
om: