GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   electrotropism in plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/plant-science/87357-electrotropism-plants.html)

Radek 05-12-2004 10:31 PM

electrotropism in plants

Have you heard something about electrotropism in plant? Recently I have met
a profesor who proved (he said that) that in some plant species, influence
of atmospheric electrical field is stronger than gravity field. Is that
effect known? I'd like to make sure that he was really first (or not).
Radek

Iris Cohen 06-12-2004 03:31 AM

Have you heard something about electrotropism in plant?

We went over this before. All you have to do is go out to the nearest power
line & see if there is any affect on the nearby plants.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra