Old 05-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Radek

Default electrotropism in plants

Have you heard something about electrotropism in plant? Recently I have met
a profesor who proved (he said that) that in some plant species, influence
of atmospheric electrical field is stronger than gravity field. Is that
effect known? I'd like to make sure that he was really first (or not).
Radek

Old 06-12-2004, 03:31 AM
Iris Cohen

Have you heard something about electrotropism in plant?

We went over this before. All you have to do is go out to the nearest power
line & see if there is any affect on the nearby plants.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra
Old 06-12-2004, 04:03 AM
Cereus-validus...

And which plant species are these?

BTW, the idea is not a new one.

Old 06-12-2004, 04:04 AM
Cereus-validus...

Plants growing near power lines are killed off by the liberal application of
herbicides not electromagnetic fields.