GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Pond capacity - help needed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/152411-pond-capacity-help-needed.html)

Julia Royce 19-01-2007 11:56 AM

Pond capacity - help needed

I 'inherited' a pond full of fish when I bought our house last year. One of
the fish has developed an ulcer and I have got Bacteradd but the pond is
shaped like a footprint without the toes and I have no idea how to calculate
it's capacity in order to measure the dose. Can anyone help me with a
formula or something?

Thank you very much.

[email protected] 20-01-2007 12:49 PM

Pond capacity - help needed

I wish I could help you there, I have downloaded lost of information on
pond keeping and will look to see if I have anything on it.... Is
this fish a very large fish? You might also do a salt bath but you do
have to consider the size of the fish. Picking them up out of the
water places a lot of weight on their systems. Good luck!!

Carolyn LeCrone 22-01-2007 12:29 AM

Pond capacity - help needed

A way to "guess" the capacity of the pond is to measure the length and width
of the pond and find their average. This number could approximate a
diameter; divide by two to find a radius. Measure the depth at a low point
and high point and average. Multiply radius times radius times 3.14 times
the depth to find volume. You will have to find a conversion from cubic
feet or inches or whatever to gallons. I don't remember that conversion.
Carolyn

Beer Rock 22-01-2007 07:50 AM

Pond capacity - help needed

Try http://www.worldofwater.com/pond_volume.htm and as said below - use the
averages - it should at least give you a +10%/-10% estimate

. ..

[email protected] 27-01-2007 10:18 PM

Pond capacity - help needed

On Jan 19, 5:56 am, "Julia Royce" wrote:
I 'inherited' a pond full of fish when I bought our house last year. One of
the fish has developed an ulcer and I have got Bacteradd but the pond is
shaped like a footprint without the toes and I have no idea how to calculate
it's capacity in order to measure the dose. Can anyone help me with a
formula or something?

Thank you very much.

OH yah 1 cubic foot holds 7.481 u.s.gallons so
actual cubic feet

times 7.481 =

actual u.s.gallons
dont mention it happy calculating and dont let anyone
take your

energy!!!!
from the man of mostly dirt and water the muddy
mudman SCOTT