GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   pond pics (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/22473-pond-pics.html)

Barbara Harrison 14-05-2003 06:08 PM

pond pics

Hi everyone

We havent got round to building our bigger pond yet, but we have smartened
up the one we have. Its only an old corner bath, about 90 uk gallons(around
110 us gallons) and its too shallow and shady for pond lillies, but I think
we have done pretty well with what we have. What do you think (link below)
We expect there to more greenery and colour in a few weeks.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/harrisonbolton/pond.html

By the way can I say thank you to Jerri and all the people who post on this
group, its very friendly asnd people write in plain English, not obscure
computor jargon and slang. I sdont post very often but I enjoy reading it.
love Barbara

Priscilla McCullough 14-05-2003 11:56 PM

pond pics

Looks great!!
--
Priss
http://priss31.tripod.com/SmallPond.html

"Barbara Harrison" wrote in
message ...

Barbara Harrison 15-05-2003 12:08 PM

pond pics

Hi I looked up your small pond too. It is cute isnt it. I notice that you
are having trouble with green water algae. Now the pond is a few years old,
I dont seem to have that problem any more but now I get the type that grows
all over everyting including the plants. When I had the green water I found
that Accuclear helped tremendously. It isnt a poison and it just clumps the
algae together, so it gets caught in the filter. I put some filter wool in
the filter in addition to the sponge and I think it gets it out better.

Barbara

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
Looks great!!

LRobi31070 15-05-2003 04:44 PM

pond pics

I love all of your pictures! They are so interesting! It gives a different
feel to actually watch someones progress! I am so sorry about the dog! My
mother has a dog friend who comes over and steals things from her pond! He
hasnt torn anything up...yet.

Barbara Harrison 15-05-2003 08:56 PM

pond pics

I don't know why you are sorry about the dog, Its a local river he is
swimming in, not the pond!!

LRobi31070 16-05-2003 04:56 PM

pond pics

I dont understand! I dont feel sorry for the dog. i am sorry about the mess.
What is the thing about the river? I thought those pictures were of your pond
he tore up.

Priscilla McCullough 17-05-2003 12:56 PM

pond pics

No, that is my yard he tore up and ponds.
But thanks for the semtiment.
( shhhhhh) So far no dog attacks this year.

LRobi31070 17-05-2003 02:56 PM

pond pics

OK! I understand now.

LRobi31070 17-05-2003 02:56 PM

pond pics

My link on my signature has pictures! Or go here-
http://www.enature.com/backyardwildl...sp?bwhid=22180

Barbara Harrison 17-05-2003 03:32 PM

pond pics

I dont, I read nothing about a dog and I thought you were just being really
nasty about my pond

Priscilla McCullough 17-05-2003 05:08 PM

pond pics

No she wasn't being nasty.
On my link I have how my ponds were made, also the trouble I had with
someones dog ripping everything up and eating all my fish. You can check out
my site if you like and see what we are refering to.

LRobi31070 17-05-2003 05:08 PM

pond pics

I posted to the wrong message I guess. I was talking to the lady that had the
stray dog come in and tear up her ponds. She has a very imformative site with
pictures of her progress and the damage done to the pond! I am not a sarcastic
person and meant no harm. I was only replying to the ladies pictures! Sorry if
I offended you in any way.

LRobi31070 17-05-2003 05:08 PM

pond pics

Thank you Priss! I am sorry about the confusion! I love these message boards
and the pictures and would never do anything to make someone mad!