GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Leeches (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/27754-leeches.html)

Floyd 20-05-2003 01:44 PM

Leeches

Are leeches bad news in a small wildlife pond? All I seem to have are
water beetles and lots of leeches.

Thanks,

Floyd

http://www.technofreak.com

Jerrispond 21-05-2003 01:56 AM

Leeches

Are leeches bad news in a small wildlife pond? All I seem to have are
water beetles and lots of leeches.

Most healthy ponds have them....almost all are non blood suckers, and live in
the plants. the fish love to eat them. Jerri

IAN GARDNER 23-05-2003 07:44 PM

Leeches

"Jerrispond" wrote in message
Are leeches bad news in a small wildlife pond? All I seem to have are
water beetles and lots of leeches.

Most healthy ponds have them....almost all are non blood suckers, and live

in
the plants. the fish love to eat them. Jerri

I would agree. Leeches look bad and I always go `UH...................` but
they are proberly ok. If you had blood sucking one`s and alot of them then
it could be a problem to the fish.

--
SEE YER..
IAN P. GARDNER

Jerrispond 23-05-2003 11:44 PM

Leeches

` but
they are proberly ok. If you had blood sucking one`s and alot of them then
it could be a problem to the fish.

I think if they were the blood suckers, he would have seen them or sores on the
fish Jerri

IAN GARDNER 29-05-2003 05:21 AM

Leeches

"Jerrispond" wrote in message
` but
they are proberly ok. If you had blood sucking one`s and alot of them

then
it could be a problem to the fish.

I think if they were the blood suckers, he would have seen them or sores

on the
fish Jerri

I thought All leaches were bloodsuckers?