Old 06-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Falco

Default Pool Frog

I am a total newbie to this group but you seem like friendly folk.
I have a few frogs in and around my pond and one in particular looks a lot
like a Pool Frog (Rana lessonae).
The problem is that according to some experts they are meant to be extinct
in the UK. On the other hand, apparently you can also buy them from pet
shops so maybe it just escaped??

I have a few pictures of it and haven't a clue how to find out what it is -
I have tried mailing the British ?Herpetological? Society with photos but
got no reply.

Falco

Old 12-07-2003, 02:32 PM
Essjay001

Falco wrote:
I am a total newbie to this group but you seem like friendly folk.
I have a few frogs in and around my pond and one in particular looks
a lot like a Pool Frog (Rana lessonae).
The problem is that according to some experts they are meant to be
extinct in the UK. On the other hand, apparently you can also buy
them from pet shops so maybe it just escaped??

I have a few pictures of it and haven't a clue how to find out what
it is - I have tried mailing the British ?Herpetological? Society
with photos but got no reply.

Does it look like this
http://evolution.genetics.washington.../lessonae.html
--
One piece, one button suit, the latest fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.