GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (alternative) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/)
-   -   Geyser Water Fountain help needed. (0/1) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-alternative/43068-geyser-water-fountain-help-needed-0-1-a.html)

[email protected] 15-09-2003 01:12 AM

Geyser Water Fountain help needed. (0/1)

Im considering building a Geyser Water Fountain like the ones
pictured.

Before I do is there anyone here who has had any experience with this
type of fountain?

What materials are needed?

Is a Geyser Water Fountain high on the maintenance scale?

Will it start to skink after time?

Must it need cleaning often?

What size pump should be needed?

Any information would be helpful.

TIA

IAN GARDNER 18-09-2003 10:07 PM

wrote in message
Im considering building a Geyser Water Fountain like the ones
pictured.

What picture!
You cannot upload pictures to this newsgroup!
Your have to provide a clickable link i`m affraid.

We cannot help you until you do.
Sorry.

--
IAN. P. GARDNER
ISLE OF WIGHT

Spook 19-09-2003 12:36 AM

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 17:02:19 -0700, wrote:

Im considering building a Geyser Water Fountain like the ones
pictured.

Before I do is there anyone here who has had any experience with this
type of fountain?

What materials are needed?

Is a Geyser Water Fountain high on the maintenance scale?

Will it start to skink after time?

Must it need cleaning often?

What size pump should be needed?

Any information would be helpful.

TIA

I received the pics on usenet as attachments. It is a neat idea. One
thing to say though, be sure to allow for a lot of evaporation as the
water spreads over the rocks. Maybe not much more than a waterfall but
the surface of the rock will let evaporation occur.
If the water is continuously moving, as it would be here, the water
will not stagnate and stink. I see no real problems. I would
personally use a small sump pump that you can buy at a hardware store
for under $50.00.
Where are you located?