GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Silly question, hiding a waterfall weir. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/159910-silly-question-hiding-waterfall-weir.html)

Bill Stock 10-06-2007 11:22 PM

Silly question, hiding a waterfall weir.

I'm considering a waterfall weir (Atlantic Fastfalls) for the pond upgrade,
but I'm having trouble envisioning how to hide one of these. The websites
seem rather sparse when it comes to landscaping.

It looks like the best option would be to bury it with LARGE creek stones,
as they might look funny with a large piece of limestone sitting on top. Not
to mention, I think it would crush the damn thing.

??

~ jan[_3_] 11-06-2007 04:54 AM

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:22:46 CST, "Bill Stock" wrote:

I'm considering a waterfall weir (Atlantic Fastfalls) for the pond upgrade,
but I'm having trouble envisioning how to hide one of these. The websites
seem rather sparse when it comes to landscaping.

It looks like the best option would be to bury it with LARGE creek stones,
as they might look funny with a large piece of limestone sitting on top. Not
to mention, I think it would crush the damn thing.

??

There are those hollow cast fake rocks I've seen used. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

[email protected] 11-06-2007 05:02 PM

Silly question, hiding a waterfall weir.

PLANTS.
go here http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/mypond.htm
click on "OH YES, THEY DO JUMP " and see if you can find the spillway.
or here. http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/changes/changes2.htm
Ingrid

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:22:46 CST, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

Atlantic Fastfalls