GardenBanter.co.uk

-   Ponds (moderated) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/)
-   -   Pond Nightmares (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds-moderated/181544-pond-nightmares.html)

~ jan[_3_] 03-03-2009 06:26 PM

Pond Nightmares

Any one have nightmares about their ponds?

Last night I dreamed there were 2 raccoons, a coyote and a black bear in my
and my neighbor's backyard. I had bird netting on the pond (it was spring
because the plants were growing and everything was green and the dang
raccoons were ripping apart a nicely growing clematis on the fence)...
anyway, the bird netting was slipping off and the pond was exposed and I
needed to get to work. Everything sure looked pretty though. ~ jan

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

ReelMcKoi 04-03-2009 03:04 PM

Pond Nightmares

"~ jan" wrote in message
Any one have nightmares about their ponds?

Last night I dreamed there were 2 raccoons, a coyote and a black bear i

my
and my neighbor's backyard. I had bird netting on the pond (it was spri

ng
because the plants were growing and everything was green and the dang
raccoons were ripping apart a nicely growing clematis on the fence)...
anyway, the bird netting was slipping off and the pond was exposed and

needed to get to work. Everything sure looked pretty though. ~ jan

------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

=================================Several times over the years I had dreams herons were getting the fish. :
-(
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Peter Pan[_5_] 05-04-2009 09:04 PM

Pond Nightmares

On Mar 4, 11:04 am, "ReelMcKoi" wrote:
"~ jan" wrote in message

[...]

~~~~ }((((* ~~~ }{{{{(ö- Hide quoted text -

I had a Blue Herion sitting on the netting to my pond trying to get
himself an Hors'Dovre. Fortunately I own a Beagle.. she hate critters
in the yard. She took one look at the over sized bird and charged
after it.. The bird has not been back since.
The beagle was given a nice raw hide for her diligence

Kurt[_2_] 06-04-2009 01:41 PM

Pond Nightmares

In article
,

"~ jan" wrote in message

[...]

The herons have a keen memory for ponds that have food. You might have
dodged a bullet if that particular bird didn't get a snack before your
beagle came out.

Jim and Phyllis 10-04-2009 11:53 PM

Pond Nightmares

We had a GBH come by today. Jim watched it as it tried to figure out
how to get into the pond. The sides are straight cement and there are
greenery overlaps in various places. After a while, it left! We
shall see if it comes back. Thus far, pond 1, heron 0

Phyllis