Old 26-07-2005, 06:58 AM
David Sim

Default Barbel

Hi

In the latter stages of a new pond - 1500 gal's - in the UK. Anyone had any
experience with stocking a couple of Barbel?

Pond will be well filtered & aired - I'm just concerned about the lack of
"running" water for the fish

Thanks

David

Old 26-07-2005, 06:58 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

In the latter stages of a new pond - 1500 gal's - in the UK. Anyone had any
experience with stocking a couple of Barbel?

Do you really mean Barbels, or koi? Barbels are game fish, ugly, from the
pictures I saw by Googling. Their profile looks very much like koi though.

Pond will be well filtered & aired - I'm just concerned about the lack of
"running" water for the fish

Define "running" water. If it's is being filtered, there must be flow. How
many gph is flowing thru the filter? ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 27-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Andy

David Sim wrote:
Hi

In the latter stages of a new pond - 1500 gal's - in the UK. Anyone had any
experience with stocking a couple of Barbel?

Pond will be well filtered & aired - I'm just concerned about the lack of
"running" water for the fish

http://www.thebarbelsociety.co.uk/qanda.htm

Might provide some insight - from a quick read through it seems the
answer is that keeping barbel in still water is bad for their health.

--
Andy