GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Assorted Pond Plant Questions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/100684-assorted-pond-plant-questions.html)

[email protected] 29-07-2005 03:31 PM

Assorted Pond Plant Questions

1) I bought some FLoating Hearts and there are no traditional roots,
just stems. If I want to plant it so it doesn't float all over the
pond and take over, can I just put the stems in a put? I don't know
what would keep the stems in and not floating away...

2) I also bought some water forget me not; I have the top of the
container even with the water level; will it die over the winter here
(Zone 5) if I leave it there?

3) When growing Lotus from seed, in the initial stages, can I use tap
water or will the chlorine be a problem?

4) At what point do I move the sprouting lotus from the water filled
container to a soil potter submereged in water?

thanks!!

Lar 29-07-2005 03:41 PM

In article om,
says...
:) 1) I bought some FLoating Hearts and there are no traditional roots,
:) just stems. If I want to plant it so it doesn't float all over the
:) pond and take over, can I just put the stems in a put? I don't know
:) what would keep the stems in and not floating away...

Is it possible to harness the plant with fishing line on one end and
then attach the other to stone or something to keep it from drifting.

--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS

kathy 29-07-2005 05:55 PM

Forget me not hardy down to zone 3. I have them at the edges
of both my ponds and they flower a long time.

I would not worry about lotus and tap water.

I've moved lotus right after sprouting, place it just under the water
and then move it down as it grows.

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ shoot the heron?

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~