Old 29-07-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Assorted Pond Plant Questions

1) I bought some FLoating Hearts and there are no traditional roots,
just stems. If I want to plant it so it doesn't float all over the
pond and take over, can I just put the stems in a put? I don't know
what would keep the stems in and not floating away...

2) I also bought some water forget me not; I have the top of the
container even with the water level; will it die over the winter here
(Zone 5) if I leave it there?

3) When growing Lotus from seed, in the initial stages, can I use tap
water or will the chlorine be a problem?

4) At what point do I move the sprouting lotus from the water filled
container to a soil potter submereged in water?

thanks!!

Old 29-07-2005, 05:55 PM
kathy

Forget me not hardy down to zone 3. I have them at the edges
of both my ponds and they flower a long time.

I would not worry about lotus and tap water.

I've moved lotus right after sprouting, place it just under the water
and then move it down as it grows.

kathy :-) www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ shoot the heron?

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Assorted tulips - etc Paddy's Pig[_2_] Garden Photos 0 08-04-2008 06:19 AM
Continuing adventures of sticky pots and assorted perennial containers madgardener Gardening 0 16-08-2006 06:51 AM
Assorted Mike Gardening 3 09-01-2006 03:55 AM
Assorted aquatic bulbs.... question jduprie Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 25-08-2003 12:03 AM
weed and grass fairies,weather goddesses and other assorted observations madgardener Gardening 5 10-08-2003 01:22 AM