GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I fell in my pond :-( (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/101547-i-fell-my-pond.html)

Nick-S 18-08-2005 10:40 PM

I fell in my pond :-(

that'll teach me to drink and watch fish ! Wouldn't mind but it's 3 foot
bloody deep.

dt 18-08-2005 10:47 PM

Nick-S wrote:

that'll teach me to drink and watch fish ! Wouldn't mind but it's 3 foot
bloody deep.

Sounds like it's 3 foot bloody Mary deep. ;-)

DT

http://www.thehungersite.com/

~ jan JJsPond.us 18-08-2005 11:59 PM

that'll teach me to drink and watch fish ! Wouldn't mind but it's 3 foot
bloody deep.

Be glad it was deep, you could have really hurt yourself otherwise.
;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Reel Mckoi 19-08-2005 02:17 AM

"Bob H" wrote in message
Been there, done that (not drinking) got wet :-)

====================
Me too, and all I had was coffee. :-))
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

sean mckinney 19-08-2005 06:53 PM

Its amazing how quick your 'under carriage' retracts in the 'warm' water, isnt it?

///Owen\\\\\\ 19-08-2005 08:19 PM

"Nick-S" iwant2believe wrote in message
that'll teach me to drink and watch fish ! Wouldn't mind but it's 3 foot
bloody deep.

But how are the fish ????????????????????????????????

Robin 19-08-2005 10:11 PM

"Nick-S" iwant2believe wrote in message
that'll teach me to drink and watch fish ! Wouldn't mind
but it's 3 foot bloody deep.

Drinking and ponding is irresponsible. I hope you learned a
valuable lesson.

Paul in Redland 20-08-2005 03:08 AM

Irresponsible? No it ain't. Nothing better than sitting out by the pond on a
nice afternoon enjoying an adult beverage and watching the fish. Besides, if
you've never fallen into your pond, you're not a real ponder.

Paul - back after a long hiatus

sean mckinney 20-08-2005 01:16 PM

Perhaps it would have been more accurate to say being drunk around ponds is .........

Gill Passman 20-08-2005 09:34 PM

"sean mckinney" wrote in message

Perhaps it would have been more accurate to say being drunk around ponds
is .........

--
sean mckinney

In fact, the major concern would be if a young child fell in.....most adults
would cope however soggy they became even after a few "adult beverages" -
one thing putting off my construction plans at the moment is I have a 4 year
old who I fear wouldn't cope quite so well - but that being said watching
her disappearing into Jucuzzis and swimming pools on hols with no ill effect
maybe she would cope. I watch my fish tanks after a few drinks but I guess
unless I became some sort of acrobat falling in isn't an issue - lol

gill

sean mckinney 21-08-2005 11:46 AM

Gill re kids falling into a pond, perhaps an electric rail fence around the pond, if you do a web search for "Floyd pond" you may find photos of his fence, domestic water supply copper pipe mounted on wooden blocks around the pond edge. The power supply is presumably that from an animal fence NOT THE MAINS ELECTRICITY. Some may think it cruel but you arent going to be able to keep an eye on kids 100% of the time and I would rather upset a few people and shock a child than see that child drown. There are also structural grids made for child accident prevention, they go just below the ponds surface.

Phyllis and Jim Hurley 21-08-2005 12:18 PM

Don't tell BV about this rule. He'll never plant another plant!

Jim

~ jan JJsPond.us 21-08-2005 07:46 PM

Don't tell BV about this rule. He'll never plant another plant!

Jim

Where is BV? Anyone hear from him? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~