Old 18-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Nick-S

Default I fell in my pond :-(

that'll teach me to drink and watch fish ! Wouldn't mind but it's 3 foot
bloody deep.

Old 18-08-2005, 10:47 PM
dt

Nick-S wrote:

that'll teach me to drink and watch fish ! Wouldn't mind but it's 3 foot
bloody deep.

Sounds like it's 3 foot bloody Mary deep. ;-)

DT

http://www.thehungersite.com/

Old 18-08-2005, 11:59 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

that'll teach me to drink and watch fish ! Wouldn't mind but it's 3 foot
bloody deep.

Be glad it was deep, you could have really hurt yourself otherwise.
;o) ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 19-08-2005, 02:17 AM
Reel Mckoi

"Bob H" wrote in message
Been there, done that (not drinking) got wet :-)

====================
Me too, and all I had was coffee. :-))
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 19-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Registered User

Location: Belfast, N Ireland

Its amazing how quick your 'under carriage' retracts in the 'warm' water, isnt it?
Old 19-08-2005, 08:19 PM
///Owen\\\\\\

"Nick-S" iwant2believe wrote in message
that'll teach me to drink and watch fish ! Wouldn't mind but it's 3 foot
bloody deep.

But how are the fish ????????????????????????????????

Old 19-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Robin

"Nick-S" iwant2believe wrote in message
that'll teach me to drink and watch fish ! Wouldn't mind
but it's 3 foot bloody deep.

Drinking and ponding is irresponsible. I hope you learned a
valuable lesson.

Old 20-08-2005, 03:08 AM
Paul in Redland

Irresponsible? No it ain't. Nothing better than sitting out by the pond on a
nice afternoon enjoying an adult beverage and watching the fish. Besides, if
you've never fallen into your pond, you're not a real ponder.

Paul - back after a long hiatus

Old 20-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Registered User

Location: Belfast, N Ireland

Perhaps it would have been more accurate to say being drunk around ponds is .........
Old 20-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Gill Passman

"sean mckinney" wrote in message

Perhaps it would have been more accurate to say being drunk around ponds
is .........

--
sean mckinney

In fact, the major concern would be if a young child fell in.....most adults
would cope however soggy they became even after a few "adult beverages" -
one thing putting off my construction plans at the moment is I have a 4 year
old who I fear wouldn't cope quite so well - but that being said watching
her disappearing into Jucuzzis and swimming pools on hols with no ill effect
maybe she would cope. I watch my fish tanks after a few drinks but I guess
unless I became some sort of acrobat falling in isn't an issue - lol

gill

Old 21-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Registered User

Location: Belfast, N Ireland

Gill re kids falling into a pond, perhaps an electric rail fence around the pond, if you do a web search for "Floyd pond" you may find photos of his fence, domestic water supply copper pipe mounted on wooden blocks around the pond edge. The power supply is presumably that from an animal fence NOT THE MAINS ELECTRICITY. Some may think it cruel but you arent going to be able to keep an eye on kids 100% of the time and I would rather upset a few people and shock a child than see that child drown. There are also structural grids made for child accident prevention, they go just below the ponds surface.

Old 21-08-2005, 07:46 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Don't tell BV about this rule. He'll never plant another plant!

Jim

Where is BV? Anyone hear from him? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Air Conditioner Fell on the Azalea! Jenny Gardening 3 09-10-2005 03:02 PM
The pod fell off PhalGuy Orchids 4 11-08-2005 08:51 PM
I fell like I am stalking a shrub! Kay Gardening 5 03-06-2004 06:02 AM
Lawn mower just fell in the pool... Bill Miracle Gardening 33 28-02-2004 06:33 AM
Large branch fell of ash tree Snowman United Kingdom 7 25-07-2003 10:02 PM