GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   hospital tank and mosquitoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/101628-hospital-tank-mosquitoes.html)

JGW 21-08-2005 12:59 AM

hospital tank and mosquitoes

I just moved my fish from a temporary 300 gallon stock tank to their
permanent new pond. I'm planning to keep my old tank as a hospital
tank. I'm thinking of putting in some BT (Vectolex or mosquito dunks)
into the hospital tank to keep the mosquitoes down. Does anybody know
for sure if these products are really safe for goldfish/koi?

Thanks.

~ jan JJsPond.us 21-08-2005 01:20 AM

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 16:59:14 -0700, JGW wrote:

I just moved my fish from a temporary 300 gallon stock tank to their
permanent new pond. I'm planning to keep my old tank as a hospital
tank. I'm thinking of putting in some BT (Vectolex or mosquito dunks)
into the hospital tank to keep the mosquitoes down. Does anybody know
for sure if these products are really safe for goldfish/koi?

Thanks.

They are. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

sean mckinney 21-08-2005 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGW
I just moved my fish from a temporary 300 gallon stock tank to their
permanent new pond. I'm planning to keep my old tank as a hospital
tank. I'm thinking of putting in some BT (Vectolex or mosquito dunks)
into the hospital tank to keep the mosquitoes down. Does anybody know
for sure if these products are really safe for goldfish/koi?

Thanks.

I would get an a quarium net and just trawl the tank every few days for larvae and feed them to the fish, my fish love them.

~ jan JJsPond.us 21-08-2005 07:44 PM

JGW Wrote:
I just moved my fish from a temporary 300 gallon stock tank to their
permanent new pond. I'm planning to keep my old tank as a hospital
tank. I'm thinking of putting in some BT (Vectolex or mosquito dunks)
into the hospital tank to keep the mosquitoes down. Does anybody know
for sure if these products are really safe for goldfish/koi?

JGW, why don't you get some small koi or goldfish to keep the filter in the
300 gallon stock tank charged? They'll eat the larvae and if you have a
sick fish you can put the stock-tank fish in the pond and have less of a
cycling issue with the sick fish in the 300 gallon stock tank? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~