GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Stocking Pond Help (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/101660-stocking-pond-help.html)

rob smith 21-08-2005 04:01 PM

Stocking Pond Help

Hi I am looking to add some fish to my pond,but am not sure what fish to
get,I have 5 goldfish at the moment the only problem i have is that the pond
is not big enough for koi as it is 9ft long 3ft wide and varies from a foot
to 2and a half feet deep.
Can anybody help me out with what fish i could put in and numbers
thanks in advance for any help.

Gareee© 21-08-2005 06:10 PM

"rob smith" wrote in message
Hi I am looking to add some fish to my pond,but am not sure what fish to
get,I have 5 goldfish at the moment the only problem i have is that the
pond is not big enough for koi as it is 9ft long 3ft wide and varies from
a foot to 2and a half feet deep.
Can anybody help me out with what fish i could put in and numbers
thanks in advance for any help.

I'd just stick with those for now. We bought 5 small goldfish last year at
Wal-mart, and this year they spawned and 10 babies have survived from that.
So we went from 5 to 15 fish (at least) this year alone. (There may be more,
but it's hard to count them because of the greeenwater.)

BTW our pond is 12x13x3.5-2.5 ft deep.

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

~ jan JJsPond.us 21-08-2005 08:41 PM

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:01:14 GMT, "rob smith"
wrote:

Hi I am looking to add some fish to my pond,but am not sure what fish to
get,I have 5 goldfish at the moment the only problem i have is that the pond
is not big enough for koi as it is 9ft long 3ft wide and varies from a foot
to 2and a half feet deep.
Can anybody help me out with what fish i could put in and numbers
thanks in advance for any help.

Butterfly koi would do fine, imo. No more than 2. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Reel Mckoi 21-08-2005 09:17 PM

"rob smith" wrote in message
Hi I am looking to add some fish to my pond,but am not sure what fish to
get,I have 5 goldfish at the moment the only problem i have is that the
pond is not big enough for koi as it is 9ft long 3ft wide and varies from
a foot to 2and a half feet deep.
Can anybody help me out with what fish i could put in and numbers
thanks in advance for any help.

Your goldfish are going to reproduce. You will soon have more fish than you
want. If you really want something else with your goldfish rosy-reds are
nice and stay small. But they too reproduce like crazy.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b