Old 21-08-2005, 04:01 PM
rob smith

Default Stocking Pond Help

Hi I am looking to add some fish to my pond,but am not sure what fish to
get,I have 5 goldfish at the moment the only problem i have is that the pond
is not big enough for koi as it is 9ft long 3ft wide and varies from a foot
to 2and a half feet deep.
Can anybody help me out with what fish i could put in and numbers
thanks in advance for any help.

Old 21-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Gareee©

"rob smith" wrote in message
Hi I am looking to add some fish to my pond,but am not sure what fish to
get,I have 5 goldfish at the moment the only problem i have is that the
pond is not big enough for koi as it is 9ft long 3ft wide and varies from
a foot to 2and a half feet deep.
Can anybody help me out with what fish i could put in and numbers
thanks in advance for any help.

I'd just stick with those for now. We bought 5 small goldfish last year at
Wal-mart, and this year they spawned and 10 babies have survived from that.
So we went from 5 to 15 fish (at least) this year alone. (There may be more,
but it's hard to count them because of the greeenwater.)

BTW our pond is 12x13x3.5-2.5 ft deep.

--
Gareee©
(Gary Tabar Jr.)

Old 21-08-2005, 08:41 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:01:14 GMT, "rob smith"
wrote:

Hi I am looking to add some fish to my pond,but am not sure what fish to
get,I have 5 goldfish at the moment the only problem i have is that the pond
is not big enough for koi as it is 9ft long 3ft wide and varies from a foot
to 2and a half feet deep.
Can anybody help me out with what fish i could put in and numbers
thanks in advance for any help.

Butterfly koi would do fine, imo. No more than 2. ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~
Old 21-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Reel Mckoi

"rob smith" wrote in message
Hi I am looking to add some fish to my pond,but am not sure what fish to
get,I have 5 goldfish at the moment the only problem i have is that the
pond is not big enough for koi as it is 9ft long 3ft wide and varies from
a foot to 2and a half feet deep.
Can anybody help me out with what fish i could put in and numbers
thanks in advance for any help.

=====================
Your goldfish are going to reproduce. You will soon have more fish than you
want. If you really want something else with your goldfish rosy-reds are
nice and stay small. But they too reproduce like crazy.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Stocking the new pond Gill Passman Ponds (moderated) 26 29-01-2008 05:16 PM
Does size matter...when stocking Koi in your pond... :) BenignVanilla Ponds 75 02-04-2007 09:07 PM
Stocking A Private Pond Ron Ponds 6 09-11-2005 08:24 AM
Does size matter...when stocking Koi in your pond... :) Chad Ponds 3 23-07-2003 01:42 AM
proper stocking of algae eaters Christopher Freshwater Aquaria Plants 13 08-04-2003 07:08 AM