GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I give up (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/109120-i-give-up.html)

Fakename 16-11-2005 10:09 PM

I give up

Every time I put in new fish and nurture them up to a decent size, an egret
comes along and eats them all. This has been going on for 8 years now. No
more fish.

dt 16-11-2005 10:28 PM

I give up

Fakename wrote:

Every time I put in new fish and nurture them up to a decent size, an egret
comes along and eats them all. This has been going on for 8 years now. No
more fish.

Buy feeder goldfish by the dozen. Enjoy your
wildlife!

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/

Koi-lo 16-11-2005 10:38 PM

I give up

"Fakename" wrote in message
Every time I put in new fish and nurture them up to a decent size, an
egret comes along and eats them all. This has been going on for 8 years
now. No more fish.

==============================
Buy those fine black bird nets. ACE Hardware has the best prices. We had
to net everything or the herons, kingfishers, snakes, bullfrogs and snapper
turtles got them all.
--
Reel McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:

Spider 17-11-2005 12:12 AM

I give up

Fakename wrote:
Every time I put in new fish and nurture them up to a decent size, an egret
comes along and eats them all. This has been going on for 8 years now. No
more fish.

good for you

Charles the baby crusher Paisley 17-11-2005 01:27 PM

I give up

dt wrote:
Fakename wrote:

Every time I put in new fish and nurture them up to a decent size, an egret
comes along and eats them all. This has been going on for 8 years now. No
more fish.

Buy feeder goldfish by the dozen. Enjoy your
wildlife!

I agree... for me it was a toss up as to which I would rather have.. a
pond or a heron feeding station.