Old 16-11-2005, 10:09 PM posted to rec.ponds
Fakename

Default I give up

Every time I put in new fish and nurture them up to a decent size, an egret
comes along and eats them all. This has been going on for 8 years now. No
more fish.

Old 16-11-2005, 10:28 PM posted to rec.ponds
dt

Fakename wrote:

Every time I put in new fish and nurture them up to a decent size, an egret
comes along and eats them all. This has been going on for 8 years now. No
more fish.

Buy feeder goldfish by the dozen. Enjoy your
wildlife!

DT
http://www.thehungersite.com/
Old 16-11-2005, 10:38 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

"Fakename" wrote in message
Every time I put in new fish and nurture them up to a decent size, an
egret comes along and eats them all. This has been going on for 8 years
now. No more fish.

==============================
Buy those fine black bird nets. ACE Hardware has the best prices. We had
to net everything or the herons, kingfishers, snakes, bullfrogs and snapper
turtles got them all.
--
Reel McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond & Aquarium Pages:

Old 17-11-2005, 12:12 AM posted to rec.ponds
Spider

Fakename wrote:
Every time I put in new fish and nurture them up to a decent size, an egret
comes along and eats them all. This has been going on for 8 years now. No
more fish.

good for you

Old 17-11-2005, 01:27 PM posted to rec.ponds
Charles the baby crusher Paisley

dt wrote:
Fakename wrote:

Every time I put in new fish and nurture them up to a decent size, an egret
comes along and eats them all. This has been going on for 8 years now. No
more fish.

Buy feeder goldfish by the dozen. Enjoy your
wildlife!

I agree... for me it was a toss up as to which I would rather have.. a
pond or a heron feeding station.