Old 22-03-2003, 10:08 PM
mad

Default it's spring!!

i went out today and cleaned the filter around the pump and added water to
my pond. then i put watercress in my fountain. it's beginning to look better
already! even the weather cooperated by being 80º today.
mad
--
"...think of life as a terminal illness because if you do,
you will live it with joy and passion as it ought to be lived."

Old 23-03-2003, 03:08 AM
jammer

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 16:04:40 -0600, mad wrote:

i went out today and cleaned the filter around the pump and added water to
my pond. then i put watercress in my fountain. it's beginning to look better
already! even the weather cooperated by being 80º today.
mad

Well....we had a cloudy/rainy/ chilly day. I took my sick 15yr. old
cat to the vet. It was like "I dont know what's wrong with your cat,
she could be dieing of old age, that will be $92." Then i took a nap.
I didn't even take my young plants outside today. I talked to two
people whose neighbors were planting tomatoes. I re-checked the 10 day
forecast, and i sure am tempted to go for it. As long as it doesn't
freeze and there are no blossoms before night temps are 55F or above,
it should be ok. I can afford to lose a couple plants anyway. However,
i have a ways to go on the cantalope and watermelon like it even
warmer, but at least i will have something green out there to fuss
over.

Oops, this is rather off topic, should have taken it to email or
rec.gardens, sorry.

The pond. It is almost totally covered with water fern and is turning
from it's fall orange to it's summer green. (The fern, not the water)
I will wait another while before trying to salvage any of the
hyacinth. (I tried overwintering 3 ways and the plants i sunk have
green on them) The primrose is growing at least an inch a day right
out of the pond across the dirt. The creepy jenny is maybe my favorite
cause it grows leeps and bounds and i have it in and outside of the
pond. The parrot feather is another favorite and there are pretty
little 2 inch spikes growing in number. I am really pleased at how my
first year plants lived out in the cold and even grew. Apparently
water fern loves the cold.

That's all for now or i will end up repeating myself in a few weeks.
Take care!
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 23-03-2003, 10:08 PM
~ jan

Jammer, what gardening zone are you in?

I've planted peas and spinach, if anyone is planting tomatoes here they're
using those wall-of-waters protectors.

Doing a water change in the koi ponds, DS hooked up the spitting fish in
the lily pond yesterday. All lilies from there have been divided, no frog
songs yet.

Moving fantail babies that were in the Lily pond from stock tank to smaller
stock tank on patio today, after I clean it out.

Nice and sunny here, with a bit of a breeze, luckily I'm in one of the few
protected areas, the general area might be getting gust 15-25 mph, while
I'm only seeing 5-10. The temp is 60F, so not a bad day to be doing yard
work. -- ~ jan, reporting from SCentral Washington, Zone 7a --

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:09:01 -0600, jammer wrote:

[...]

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 23-03-2003, 10:20 PM
jammer

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:03:51 GMT, ~ jan wrote:

Jammer, what gardening zone are you in?

7A North Texas

I've planted peas and spinach, if anyone is planting tomatoes here they're
using those wall-of-waters protectors.

Well, i planted my tomatoes today just for the heck of it. I can
afford to lose some. 71F as i type.

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 24-03-2003, 06:56 AM
~ jan

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 16:14:14 -0600, jammer wrote:

Jammer, what gardening zone are you in?

7A North Texas

You'll have to let me know how your Toms do. I'm also 7A being close to the
Yakima & Columbia Rivers (within sight of). Weather.com is saying back to
the low 30s for nighttime temps for us, I hope this is the last week of
them. ~ jan

Old 24-03-2003, 07:08 AM
jammer

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 06:45:08 GMT, ~ jan wrote:

You'll have to let me know how your Toms do. I'm also 7A being close to the
Yakima & Columbia Rivers (within sight of). Weather.com is saying back to
the low 30s for nighttime temps for us, I hope this is the last week of
them. ~ jan

Well, if i say that my tomatoes always do great, i won't have a one,
so yes, i'll let you know
·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
jammer
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸

Old 24-03-2003, 11:20 PM
Mary Alice Kropp

Well, no tomatoes being planted here! (Zone 5b, NH!) BUT, the sun is
shining, I saw fish in the pond yesterday, and a few brave green leaves of
the water pennywort, so I have hope!

-Mak
http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/mak
Updates 1/30/03

You can't ask to start over just because you're losing the game.

Old 25-03-2003, 04:32 PM
John Rutz

Mary Alice Kropp wrote:
Well, no tomatoes being planted here! (Zone 5b, NH!) BUT, the sun is
shining, I saw fish in the pond yesterday, and a few brave green leaves of
the water pennywort, so I have hope!

-Mak
http://www.thirtytwopaws.com/mak
Updates 1/30/03

You can't ask to start over just because you're losing the game.

here In NM z5 its warmed enough the plants are growing, the fish are
eating the string algae is doing fine
looks to be a good year

--
John Rutz