Old 23-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Mosfunland

Default dead pond

Well I started up the pump just to circulate the water, boy does it kick.....I
thought some other dead occupants might float up, but that hasn't been the
case, maybe as the water get oxygenated....

Its a comfort to hear the water, but it is a start.....a huge cleanout should
do the trick, I plan to try and reuse the water. It was good water
once......we'll see.....does ammonia dissipate with oxygenation? I haven't
checked the level, but figure it is thru the roof.

Maureen. Good to see most other ponds are up and running this spring.
Old 24-03-2003, 02:56 AM
RichToyBox

Maureen,

Check the ammonia before starting to worry about it. The water circulation
won't do anything for ammonia. When you do the cleanout, do a 10 to 20%
water change. That will dilute the ammonia some, and dilute a lot of other
things that are not necessarily good, and the new water will bring in fresh
minerals.
--
RichToyBox

Old 26-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Mosfunland

Thanks I appreciate your reply. I'll be dumping quite a bit of the water, will
test it first....so I'll know which way I am heading.

Maureen keeper of the swamp