GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   POND Ponsai (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/136599-pond-ponsai.html)

~ janj 02-03-2006 05:31 AM

POND Ponsai

I just heard from K30 and her dwarf aquatic frogs she keeps in a small
windowsill container mated and laid eggs. She has removed them as
apparently the adults will eat the taddies. Isn't that cool? Little teeny
tiny tadpoles. ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Gail Futoran 02-03-2006 09:42 PM

POND Ponsai

"~ janj" wrote in message
I just heard from K30 and her dwarf aquatic frogs she keeps in a small
windowsill container mated and laid eggs. She has removed them as
apparently the adults will eat the taddies. Isn't that cool? Little teeny
tiny tadpoles. ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

That's cute! :) I have two African Dwarf Frogs
in one of my aquariums, but as far as I know
they've never mated. I don't even know their
gender! Of it they have mated, the many other
inhabitants dealt with the eggs.

Gail

~ janj 03-03-2006 03:15 AM

POND Ponsai

That's cute! :) I have two African Dwarf Frogs
in one of my aquariums, but as far as I know
they've never mated. I don't even know their
gender! Of it they have mated, the many other
inhabitants dealt with the eggs.
Gail

K30 said it is possible they need to be in just a small amount of water. I
think hers are in canning jars. I have a terrarium I think I might try them
in, it holds about a gallon of water. Getting the right sexes may be a
problem. ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

Phyllis and Jim Hurley 04-03-2006 01:13 PM

POND Ponsai

Nice to have frogs mate. Our spring is not yet under way so we don't have
the toads singing yet. Water is in the upper 40s.

Jim

--
See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/pwp-jameshurley
Ask me about Jog A Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net