Old 02-03-2006, 05:31 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default POND Ponsai

I just heard from K30 and her dwarf aquatic frogs she keeps in a small
windowsill container mated and laid eggs. She has removed them as
apparently the adults will eat the taddies. Isn't that cool? Little teeny
tiny tadpoles. ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a
Old 02-03-2006, 09:42 PM posted to rec.ponds
Gail Futoran

"~ janj" wrote in message
I just heard from K30 and her dwarf aquatic frogs she keeps in a small
windowsill container mated and laid eggs. She has removed them as
apparently the adults will eat the taddies. Isn't that cool? Little teeny
tiny tadpoles. ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a

That's cute! I have two African Dwarf Frogs
in one of my aquariums, but as far as I know
they've never mated. I don't even know their
gender! Of it they have mated, the many other
inhabitants dealt with the eggs.

Gail

Old 03-03-2006, 03:15 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

That's cute! I have two African Dwarf Frogs
in one of my aquariums, but as far as I know
they've never mated. I don't even know their
gender! Of it they have mated, the many other
inhabitants dealt with the eggs.
Gail

K30 said it is possible they need to be in just a small amount of water. I
think hers are in canning jars. I have a terrarium I think I might try them
in, it holds about a gallon of water. Getting the right sexes may be a
problem. ~ jan

~ jan/WA
Zone 7a
Old 04-03-2006, 01:13 PM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Nice to have frogs mate. Our spring is not yet under way so we don't have
the toads singing yet. Water is in the upper 40s.

Jim

--
See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/pwp-jameshurley
Ask me about Jog A Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net