GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pop Eye (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/13771-pop-eye.html)

Terry 05-04-2003 02:56 PM

Pop Eye

Hi - I have looked everywhere to find treatment for a goldfish in my pond
that has popeye (http://www.slaterweb.co.uk/popeye.jpg for picture) but
cannot find anything. I can find treatment for tropical fish in an aquarium
but not pond fish - any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks - Terry

[email protected] 06-04-2003 01:56 AM

Pop Eye

if it is only one eye it is caused by mechanical damage. not to worry.
if both eyes are damaged the fish has to be brought in and treated as for dropsy.
http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/p...ame.htm#dropsy
Ingrid

Terry 06-04-2003 11:56 AM

Pop Eye

wrote in message
if it is only one eye it is caused by mechanical damage. not to worry.
if both eyes are damaged the fish has to be brought in and treated as for

dropsy.

http://users.megapathdsl.net/~solo/p...name.htm#drops
Ingrid

Hi Ingrid - thanks for the reply and the link. It is only 1 eye (and only 1
fish) so it appears that I need not worry about this, but I will keep this
under review (didnt want to say I would keep 'an eye' on it ?).

Regards - Terry.