GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   When Can I check my salt level??! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/14569-when-can-i-check-my-salt-level.html)

MISSYMAGICGIRL 11-04-2003 03:56 PM

When Can I check my salt level??!

I wanted to know when should I check my salt levels in my pond??
And when can I add salt? I think but can't remember reading that someone can
read and add salt at this time of year; butI just want to make sure! :)

Your Friend,

Sacha

Gregory Young 11-04-2003 08:23 PM

When Can I check my salt level??!

You can check the salt level anytime.
If you are going to salt, most do it in early spring, and remove it
gradually via water change outs.
Water changes (10% / week) should be routinely performed to remove nitrates,
along with other DOC, etc, etc that otherwise accumulate.
Happy ponding,
Greg

MISSYMAGICGIRL 12-04-2003 03:56 PM

When Can I check my salt level??!

Can I use Table salt??

Thanks,

Sacha

Cybe R. Wizard 12-04-2003 04:32 PM

When Can I check my salt level??!

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 09:48:08 -0500, MISSYMAGICGIRL wrote:

Can I use Table salt??

Thanks,

Sacha

For what?
(Too much snipping? )
Yes, non-iodized, though.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.

[email protected] 12-04-2003 05:32 PM

When Can I check my salt level??!

not a good idea... it dissolves too fast and can flash burn the gills. also
expensive. look for water softening salt, solar crystal with no additives. big
bags, cheap. Ingrid

(MISSYMAGICGIRL) wrote:

Can I use Table salt??

Thanks,

Sacha

MISSYMAGICGIRL 13-04-2003 09:32 PM

When Can I check my salt level??!

In article pan.2003.04.12.10.21.47.342599.1263@WizardsTower , "Cybe R. Wizard"
writes:

For what?
(Too much snipping? )
Yes, non-iodized, though.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.
"Wize(ned) Wizard," A.P.F-P-Y.
Barely Tolerated Wizard, A.J.L & A.A.L

To add to pond water if I run out of pond salt.

Sacha