Old 11-04-2003, 03:56 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

Default When Can I check my salt level??!

I wanted to know when should I check my salt levels in my pond??
And when can I add salt? I think but can't remember reading that someone can
read and add salt at this time of year; butI just want to make sure!

Your Friend,

Sacha
Old 11-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Gregory Young

You can check the salt level anytime.
If you are going to salt, most do it in early spring, and remove it
gradually via water change outs.
Water changes (10% / week) should be routinely performed to remove nitrates,
along with other DOC, etc, etc that otherwise accumulate.
Happy ponding,
Greg

Old 12-04-2003, 03:56 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

Can I use Table salt??

Thanks,

Sacha
Old 12-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Cybe R. Wizard

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 09:48:08 -0500, MISSYMAGICGIRL wrote:

Can I use Table salt??

Thanks,

Sacha

For what?
(Too much snipping? )
Yes, non-iodized, though.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.

Old 12-04-2003, 05:32 PM

not a good idea... it dissolves too fast and can flash burn the gills. also
expensive. look for water softening salt, solar crystal with no additives. big
bags, cheap. Ingrid

(MISSYMAGICGIRL) wrote:

Can I use Table salt??

Thanks,

Sacha

Old 13-04-2003, 09:32 PM
MISSYMAGICGIRL

In article pan.2003.04.12.10.21.47.342599.1263@WizardsTower , "Cybe R. Wizard"
writes:

For what?
(Too much snipping? )
Yes, non-iodized, though.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.
"Wize(ned) Wizard," A.P.F-P-Y.
Barely Tolerated Wizard, A.J.L & A.A.L

To add to pond water if I run out of pond salt.

Sacha