GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Phytoplankton/zooplankton (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/146047-phytoplankton-zooplankton.html)

hereward 05-06-2006 10:40 PM

Phytoplankton/zooplankton

I have a phytoplankton problem in my half-acre pond - as I use this water
for household supply, I'd like to try to clear it up. I've been told that
zooplankton will help clear it - can anyone tell me where I can purchase
that to put in the pond?

Thanks -

Gene

http://www.usenet.com

Koi-Lo 05-06-2006 11:00 PM

Phytoplankton/zooplankton

Your about clueless dude! YOu need aeration and baraclear P-80.....not
what you stated. Whoever told yu that you need to add zoo is crazy.
Must have been Carol Gulley that told you that.......figures.

Koi-Lo 06-06-2006 12:22 AM

Phytoplankton/zooplankton - Ag Agent

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

"hereward" wrote in message
I have a phytoplankton problem in my half-acre pond - as I use this water
for household supply, I'd like to try to clear it up. I've been told that
zooplankton will help clear it - can anyone tell me where I can purchase
that to put in the pond?

=========================
Call your agricultural extension agent. If they can't help they will send
you to someone who can, someone familiar with your climate and local (pond)
water conditions.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

hereward 06-06-2006 12:30 AM

Phytoplankton/zooplankton

On 6/5/06 6:00 PM, in article ,
"Koi-Lo" wrote:

Your about clueless dude! YOu need aeration and baraclear P-80.....not
what you stated. Whoever told yu that you need to add zoo is crazy.
Must have been Carol Gulley that told you that.......figures.

I don't know any Carol Gulley...however, I guess I know you now, and you
sound like a pompous asshole.

http://www.usenet.com

Derek Broughton 06-06-2006 01:49 PM

Phytoplankton/zooplankton

hereward wrote:

On 6/5/06 6:00 PM, in article ,
"Koi-Lo" wrote:

Your about clueless dude! YOu need aeration and baraclear P-80.....not
what you stated. Whoever told yu that you need to add zoo is crazy.
Must have been Carol Gulley that told you that.......figures.

I don't know any Carol Gulley...however, I guess I know you now, and you
sound like a pompous asshole.

He doesn't know any Carol Gulley, either, but you have him pegged. Sorry
for that.

otoh, he has a point - while zooplankton probably could take care of a
phytoplankton problem there are a whole lot of things that could classify
as zooplankton, and some of them are surely worse than what you have . on
yet another hand, Baraclear is just an expensive form of bentonite - if a
flocculant is what you really need, bentonite or alum would be cheaper
solutions (I'm not certain if alum is considered safe for drinking water).
--
derek

Roy 08-06-2006 12:08 AM

"Koi-Lo" aka Roy Hauer wrote in message

Your about clueless dude! YOu need aeration and baraclear P-80.....not
what you stated. Whoever told yu that you need to add zoo is crazy.
Must have been Roy Hauer that told you that.......figures.

Roy 08-06-2006 12:18 AM

Phytoplankton/zooplankton

"Roy" "Koi-Lo" aka Roy wrote in message

I think kevin is in dire need of a tranquillizer or two.Chill out
dude, Princes Di is dead and no amound of hurrying up is gonna
change that... better yet, go ask your stupid questions on google run
by and for brits!

~Roy 08-06-2006 06:54 AM

Phytoplankton/zooplankton

"~Roy" aka Koi-Lo wrote in message