Old 14-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Spectre

Default I walked with my fish today!!

I was like a little girl. :P

The back acre of our property is under water - surrounding the pond of
course. So all the little guys decided to make a break for it and enjoy the
sudden freedom and unlimited supply of plants to nibble on. It was so cool!
I wandered around, and most of them kept ahead of me shooting one way or the
other. I few would get confused and end up swimming around my feet -
guessing they didn't realize what they were using to hide from me was 'me'!

So we are now on 'fish alert', and as the water level drops we'll have to
keep checking to make sure none of them get stranded as they are forced back
into their boring pond. I still haven't seen Momma and Poppa, and I
fear the extreme winter weather was too much for them. But they
left behind hundreds of happy little ones!!

Is there nothing better to bring one out of winter gloom???

--
Spectre

Old 14-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Nedra

Hi Spectre,

I am so happy that you found peace at
your place .... Your post shouts the fun you had today!

Nedra

Old 16-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Spectre

Thank you!!

No casualties (yet.... ), but rain is in the forecast, so their adventure
will be extended! Lucky them!

--
Spectre
50x30x8 unlined pond in Southern Ontario

Old 16-04-2003, 01:56 PM
BenignVanilla

"Spectre" wrote in message

Thank you!!

No casualties (yet.... ), but rain is in the forecast, so their adventure
will be extended! Lucky them!

So we had Dances With Wolves...I think we will not call you Walks With the
Fishes.

BV.

Old 19-04-2003, 02:44 AM
mad

sounds sorta like jimmy hoffa...
:-D
mad
--
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
John Lennon

From: "BenignVanilla" m
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:53:14 -0400