GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   snails (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/150500-snails.html)

Jim Fellows 22-10-2006 11:36 AM

snails

I had 2 large apple snail in my pond and now I have lots of small ones and
the two large ones are like closed up and not moving does this mean their
dead and will the small ones survive thur the winter? thanks Jim

Snooze[_1_] 22-10-2006 10:18 PM

snails

"Jim Fellows" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I had 2 large apple snail in my pond and now I have lots of small ones and
the two large ones are like closed up and not moving does this mean their
dead and will the small ones survive thur the winter? thanks Jim

I don't know a whole lot about apple snails, so I'll skip that part. I'll
just ask, what makes you think the small snails are apple snails? Most ponds
have small aquatic snails, they usually hitch hike on aquatic plants.

-S

~ janj[_1_] 25-10-2006 03:26 PM

snails

I had 2 large apple snail in my pond and now I have lots of small ones and
the two large ones are like closed up and not moving does this mean their
dead and will the small ones survive thur the winter? thanks Jim

I don't know a whole lot about apple snails, so I'll skip that part. I'll
just ask, what makes you think the small snails are apple snails? Most ponds
have small aquatic snails, they usually hitch hike on aquatic plants.

-S

If I remember right from discussions long ago. :'-( Apple snails were
tropical and die if the temps get too low. OP might want to do some
research (googling) on them. ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us