Old 22-10-2006, 11:36 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default snails

I had 2 large apple snail in my pond and now I have lots of small ones and
the two large ones are like closed up and not moving does this mean their
dead and will the small ones survive thur the winter? thanks Jim

Old 22-10-2006, 10:18 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Jim Fellows" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I had 2 large apple snail in my pond and now I have lots of small ones and
the two large ones are like closed up and not moving does this mean their
dead and will the small ones survive thur the winter? thanks Jim

I don't know a whole lot about apple snails, so I'll skip that part. I'll
just ask, what makes you think the small snails are apple snails? Most ponds
have small aquatic snails, they usually hitch hike on aquatic plants.

-S

Old 25-10-2006, 03:26 PM posted to rec.ponds

I had 2 large apple snail in my pond and now I have lots of small ones and
the two large ones are like closed up and not moving does this mean their
dead and will the small ones survive thur the winter? thanks Jim

I don't know a whole lot about apple snails, so I'll skip that part. I'll
just ask, what makes you think the small snails are apple snails? Most ponds
have small aquatic snails, they usually hitch hike on aquatic plants.

-S

If I remember right from discussions long ago. :'-( Apple snails were
tropical and die if the temps get too low. OP might want to do some
research (googling) on them. ~ jan
--------------
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 25-10-2006, 08:54 PM posted to rec.ponds

Hi..

[...apple snails...]

....are indeed _tropicals_ ..!
--