Old 29-11-2006, 02:52 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default note news groupsRFD: {rec.ponds.moderated}

On 29 Nov 2006 04:45:01 -0800, Nekojin wrote:

This was sent I hope this was the right format.
done with Vorian permission. Let see if Jayne is unbaised.

I'm sorry to disappoint you when you have clearly put thought and effort
into this, but you still don't seem to understand the process.

A proponent (a person who is proposing a newsgroup) does not post an RFD
into the affected newsgroups. Proponents submit the RFD to
news.announce.newsgroups which is a moderated group. The moderators there
examine the proposal to see if it meets the criteria for an RFD. If it
does, the RFD is posted to n.a.n, news.groups.proposals, and other
appropriate groups (with follow-ups to n.g.p).

I suspect that the n.a.n moderators would not accept this RFD because it is
too vague about moderation policies. It seems to me that what you want at
this point is informal discussion among rec.ponders about moderators and
moderation policies.

The other problem with this RFD is that it is just not nice to try to
submit an RFD when someone else has already expressed his intention to do
so. When this has happened in the past, the n.a.n moderators did not
simply give the RFD to the first proponent to get an RFD submitted. The
proponents were asked to work together.

If you are sincerely interested in getting a moderated rec.ponds going,
then you should be working with George, not trying to grab the proposal
away from him. He has said that he is willing to reveal his identity in
email to trusted regulars. Why don't you find out who he is instead of
assuming that he is up to no good?

--
Jayne
Old 29-11-2006, 04:42 PM posted to rec.ponds

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:32:09 -0600, Köi-Lö wrote:

"Jayne Kulikauskas" wrote in message

[...]
He has said that he is willing to reveal his identity in
email to trusted regulars. Why don't you find out who he is instead of
assuming that he is up to no good?

I'm wondering who he is myself. Why all the secrecy? He claims he hasn't
been here for a year so may not fully know what's been going on here. Was
he a regular at one time? A lurker? What nym did he use?

Would you like me to give George your email and have him contact you?

--
Jayne
Old 29-11-2006, 04:57 PM posted to rec.ponds

Jayne Kulikauskas wrote:
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:32:09 -0600, Köi-Lö wrote:

"Jayne Kulikauskas" wrote in message

[...]
He has said that he is willing to reveal his identity in
email to trusted regulars. Why don't you find out who he is instead of
assuming that he is up to no good?

I'm wondering who he is myself. Why all the secrecy? He claims he hasn't
been here for a year so may not fully know what's been going on here. Was
he a regular at one time? A lurker? What nym did he use?

Would you like me to give George your email and have him contact you?

--
Jayne

And then Carol would add his name to the sock puppets she already use.

Old 29-11-2006, 05:42 PM posted to rec.ponds

"Jayne Kulikauskas" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:32:09 -0600, Köi-Lö wrote:

"Jayne Kulikauskas" wrote in message

[...]
He has said that he is willing to reveal his identity in
email to trusted regulars. Why don't you find out who he is instead of
assuming that he is up to no good?

I'm wondering who he is myself. Why all the secrecy? He claims he
hasn't
been here for a year so may not fully know what's been going on here.
Was
he a regular at one time? A lurker? What nym did he use?

Would you like me to give George your email and have him contact you?

Yes. You may do that.
--
KL....
Frugal ponding since 1995.