Old 08-03-2007, 02:21 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default RESULT: rec.ponds.moderated will be created

The Big-8 Management Board , announced:

RESULT
rec.ponds.moderated will be created

For those that may remember (and wonder) this is the Original zirŠon posting,
not the Troll who frogged the ID - simply because what I posted was dangerous to
that individuals Usenet existence.
My exit post - from this mess that is r.p is he
http://tinyurl.com/38g7mx
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...e=source&hl=en
There are headers that ID my work which no one here can forge.

First I would offer Congratulations to those who put in the long hours to get
rec.ponds.mod constituted. Today I am of the opinion this result may prove to
be the only one that will work for Ponders, anywhere.
I was going to wait until r.p.m was listed and post my congrats there but a
quick read of this thread prompted me to belay that effort as it is very likely
what I have to say would rightly violate the Charter. I have followed (roughly)
the discussion on creation having had to monitor n.g.p for a while on another
matter, so I am familiar with the thrust of arguments.

For the three protagonists , all of whom have posted to this thread, I
say this - you have created a need for good people to do
what has to be done in order to follow an activity that sane literate folk find
a pleasure, Usenet. Any angst you feel today you have brought on yourself by
your own doing. True it takes a long time with lots of bumps (laughs for you)
along the way but when the smoke clears your playground is empty and whilst you
can see the Good Guys playing - you cannot touch them. I do hope you take a
lesson from that outcome:-]
I (for one) will recognize your achievement in learning when you cease
Cross-Posting your Shite to NGs outside of Topic.

For the moderators, initially I have this to say. I am not in favor of
"content moderation" as I feel it is an insult to a persons (readers)
intelligence. I am in favor of moderation/elimination of Forgers, Cross-Posters
and habitual Nym-Shifters.
FWIW.. I am of the opinion those categories of Usenet Nuisance come under the
responsibility of NSP Admins in implementing controls through their respective
TOS/AUP. I am also very sure that should those controls have been made available
to Usenet readers in the case of r.p then a lot of people would have been
saved a *lot* of work. It did not happen but there is still hope for the future,
elsewhere.
My message to all of you who have volunteered for "duty" is this.
Be very careful of the Power of Hand Moderation, there are many pitfalls and one
protagonist known as Carol is very good at exploiting the impartiality of
objective scrutiny. This statement below should ring alarm bells immediately:
on Usenet for years and have seen it all.
The other two morons (sorry, there is no other recognizable descriptor) will not
present any obstacle in moderation but I can tell you from personal experience
that Carol has a unique method of persuasion. I gave it the name of HITBS
[There is a .. - Hole-In-The-Bucket - ..Dear Eliza - Syndrome], some have had
the wisdom to recognize the tactic and also desist from "helping" her(?) out.
I am still (today) not convinced Carol is the person "Carol Gulley" as touted.
For RL legal reasons I was not pressed to prove the ID, either way. Suffice to
say Carol and myself have exchanged numerous emails so I post here in full
confidence my "heads up" is well founded.
I mention the above as I read the extract below and shuddered. Nigel, I believe
, is a well intentioned person of repute. I give fair warning to tread very very
carefully.

topic for the new group and yet you were still prevented from
posting there, I would be fighting in your corner for what
that would be worth, to change that.

In closing I do wish Ponders, one and all, the very best for their new Pond. I
would not be participating simply because of mine own "Policy" on moderation:-/
I do however understand my view is not shared by all and in the case of r.p.m
I have come to the same place as those who worked to achieve it.

Go you Good Guys!!

--
zIR

posted in response