Old 19-03-2007, 10:34 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Roy smacked down Carol for giving bad info on RPM was KOI $$$

~Roy~ wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:16:01 CST, "Reel McKoi"
wrote:
snip

From what I have seen here in TN the quality is about the same
in both places. Only the prices are different.
snip

What credentials do you have to make an assumption they are the same
in quality. It takes along long time to properly asses and be able to
judge a koi by its attributes, and its future coloring.....and a good
working knowedge on genetics .......to determine what a young koi
of such and such will more than likely turnout to look like when it
matures.....Something that I doubt seriously that you or anyone else
here is properly qualified to do. Considering folks that spend the
time to know the genetics of koi is not going to be playing with fish
bought at petsmart of $5.......quality.....I have yet to see any real
koi keeping terminology ever used on this forum when it comes to beni.

Not saying however there is not anyone, but usually if there is its
easy trait to spot as its part of their normal way of presenting a
post. To say wuality is the same is bogus and wrong. Odds are there is
not much perhaps top you or anayones else, but there is probably
enough to justify 5 or 10 bucks more in most cases......for the fish
most pond shops sell........it has nothing to do with quanity.

-------