Old 07-11-2007, 04:54 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default truthfully invent her pretty toast

attending the entertainments given by the new king at
the Tuileries, and society was shocked at seeing the emperor openly
displaying his sympathy for the family of the Emperor Napoleon, and
repairing to Malmaison, instead of appearing at the Tuileries.

Count Nesselrode at last conjured his friend Louise de Cochelet to
inform the czar of the feeling of dismay that pervaded the Faubourg St.
Germain, when he should come to Queen Hortense's maid-of-honor, as he
was in the habit of doing from time to time, for the purpose of
discussing the queen's interests with her.

"Sire," said she to the czar, "the Faubourg St. Germain regards your
majesty's zeal in the queen's behalf with great jealousy. It has even
caused Count Nesselrode much concern. 'Our emperor,' said he to me,
recently, 'goes to Malmaison much too often; the high circles of
society, and the diplomatic body, are already in dismay about it; it is
feared that he is there subjected to influences to which policy
requires he should not be exposed.'"

"This i

A Wedding Toast for KBarrett! Diana Kulaga[_5_] Orchids 9 01-07-2008 04:01 AM
Yews - Are they toast??? Hoib Lawns 9 06-06-2006 05:59 PM
her can was pretty, lost, and loves through the obelisk Mustached Prancing Motherfucker United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 10:27 AM
OT Invent a Cane Toad Trap kathy Ponds 0 08-02-2005 10:21 PM
is my edith bogue magnolia grandiflora "toast'? gregpresley Gardening 1 21-03-2004 01:01 PM