Old 21-04-2003, 06:09 PM
Jeff Spicoli

Default New Pond. Pump Question.

I am getting ready to build a 8' X 7' pond 30" deep.

About 2 years ago, I was going to build a larger pond w/ waterfall and
bought a Becker PS1600A Submerged pump.

I now decided for our space in our landscape, to do a smaller one w/ out a
waterfall. I know this pump may be overkill, but I would hate to have to buy
another one when I have a perfectly good one available to me.

I plan to have both fish an some plant life.

I am looking for advice on what I should do as far as utilizing my existing
pump. Would you recommend some gravity based bio-filter? Attachments to
restrict the flow? Fountain adapters, etc?? Or buy a whole new pump?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

--
Post ads w/ photos for FREE! Dealers welcome.
http://VehicleSeek.com
Old 21-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Jeff Spicoli

Jeff Spicoli wrote in
46:

I am getting ready to build a 8' X 7' pond 30" deep.

About 2 years ago, I was going to build a larger pond w/ waterfall and
bought a Becker PS1600A Submerged pump.

I now decided for our space in our landscape, to do a smaller one w/
out a waterfall. I know this pump may be overkill, but I would hate to
have to buy another one when I have a perfectly good one available to
me.

I plan to have both fish an some plant life.

I am looking for advice on what I should do as far as utilizing my
existing pump. Would you recommend some gravity based bio-filter?
Attachments to restrict the flow? Fountain adapters, etc?? Or buy a
whole new pump?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Actually, it is a PS1250A. 1225 gallons per hour 1'

Old 22-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Jeff Spicoli

"RichToyBox" wrote in

Use the pump. The capacity of the pump is sufficient for between 1 and
2 turn overs of the pond per hour. That is acceptable, even desirable.
--
RichToyBox

"Jeff Spicoli" wrote in message
46...
I am getting ready to build a 8' X 7' pond 30" deep.

About 2 years ago, I was going to build a larger pond w/ waterfall and
bought a Becker PS1600A Submerged pump.

I now decided for our space in our landscape, to do a smaller one w/
out a waterfall. I know this pump may be overkill, but I would hate to
have to buy another one when I have a perfectly good one available to
me.

I plan to have both fish an some plant life.

I am looking for advice on what I should do as far as utilizing my
existing pump. Would you recommend some gravity based bio-filter?
Attachments to restrict the flow? Fountain adapters, etc?? Or buy a
whole new pump?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

--
Post ads w/ photos for FREE! Dealers welcome.
http://VehicleSeek.com

Thanks... I went ahead and ordered the attachments necessary to make a
waterbell from the pump.