Old 22-04-2003, 07:44 AM
Carl Beyer

Default Waterfall Noise and Koi

My setup can be seen at
www.cobaltbluefilms.com/koi

My question is this. I have a Beckett 1600 running most of the day for
the big waterfall effect, and a beckett Biofilter with a 350 gph running
24/7 through the fall as well When the big pump goes off at night, Isee
more activity in the big Koi. He seems to stay down low during the day
(400 gallons at 24" deep). He seems very healthy, and is an active
feeder, just seems to hang around more during the day than at night.

So, is my waterfall noise a problem? It is a lot of GPH but the effect
is nice. I might be willing to slow it down with a valve of some sort,
but currently like my results. Then again maybe he is just playing in
thecurrent created by that pump...

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com
Old 22-04-2003, 12:56 PM
Jerrispond

the big Koi. He seems to stay down low during the day (400 gallons at 24"
deep).
Any thoughts?

Yes, the pond is too small for a koi. Jerri

Old 22-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Lee Brouillet

My current pond is 24-30 inches deep. During the summer months, the fish
stay "glued" to the bottom, and are only active at night. I think it's
because the water is just too darn hot for them (last year it got to 86* and
stayed there for weeks!). At this time of year, they're active most of the
day, but still quiet during the noon hours. They're still most active at
night (at least until the light goes off, at which time I don't know what
they do!) I think they just don't like the mid-day heat.

Lee