GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cutting bulk filter mat (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/18701-cutting-bulk-filter-mat.html)

The3car 27-04-2003 04:35 PM

Cutting bulk filter mat

Does anyone have a good way to cut bulk filter material? I've tried every
cutting device I could find and my hand is still numb afterwards. It goes into
a stock tank so it has to be rounded...thus the extra cutting for the edges.
Thanks.

Just Me \Koi\ 27-04-2003 04:36 PM

Cutting bulk filter mat

For the thick crunchy type, I use my small jig saw, works great!

For the softer ones I use either a very sharp box cutting knife, or my
wife's scissors. (The large type) Has to be very sharp to work well.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

KenCo 27-04-2003 05:32 PM

Cutting bulk filter mat

The3car wrote:

Does anyone have a good way to cut bulk filter material? I've tried every
cutting device I could find and my hand is still numb afterwards. It goes into
a stock tank so it has to be rounded...thus the extra cutting for the edges.
Thanks.

I use a 4" wallpaper scraper knife from wally world.
get extra blades.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced.