Old 29-04-2003, 04:44 AM

Default Filter

What is the largest above ground filter.
I have a large 500 Gal pond.
I have to run 3 filters to keep it clean.

Rich

Old 29-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Rich wrote:
What is the largest above ground filter.
I have a large 500 Gal pond.
I have to run 3 filters to keep it clean.

Rich

Mine is 700 gallons - a veggie filter.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 29-04-2003, 06:08 PM
John Rutz

Bonnie Espenshade wrote:
Rich wrote:

What is the largest above ground filter.
I have a large 500 Gal pond.
I have to run 3 filters to keep it clean.

Rich

Mine is 700 gallons - a veggie filter.

-- the one I had summer before last(2001) was 750 - a bio mechanical -
veggie filter last year it was a 600 gal biomechanical
this year its an 8000 gal veggie filter

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
If it can't be fixed with bailing wire or duct tape
its not worth fixing

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 30-04-2003, 05:44 AM
K30a

Hi Rich,

A veggie filter is a container full of plants through which the pond's water is
passed through.
The roots catch the mulm and process toxic 'waste' into plant useable matter.
The larger plants also use up much of these nutrients and deny algae (green
water) the chance to multiple.

My veggie filter is as simple as floating water hyacinth in my mech/bio filter.
Others have more
elaborate and wonderful systems that I'm sure they'll post.

k30a