GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   veggie filter question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/19240-veggie-filter-question.html)

Priscilla McCullough 29-04-2003 11:44 PM

veggie filter question

When putting my plants in the veggie filter do I use gravel in the baskets
or is it safe for small rocks?
Priss

John Rutz 30-04-2003 12:08 AM

veggie filter question

--
Im using rocks about an inch in dia

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico
If it can't be fixed with bailing wire or duct tape
its not worth fixing

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Jerrispond 30-04-2003 01:33 PM

veggie filter question

When putting my plants in the veggie filter do I use gravel in the baskets
or is it safe for small rocks?
Priss

All my filters are planted with plants in lava rocks in milk crates. There are
hundreds of yellow flag iris( my main filter plants) in bloom now....it is
beautiful Jerri

[email protected] 30-04-2003 03:44 PM

veggie filter question

I dont use any gravel, just put em directly into the pot. tie em in a bit. other
times I jam some polyester batting in to hold em. Ingrid