Old 07-05-2018, 04:24 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default FROG KILLS KOI IN UK POND

Yes this has happened in my pond last winter noticed a fish at the bottom I thought was dead when I put it in the net and brought it to the surface notice a frog wrapped tightly around it I removed the frog and threw it over the garden fence the fish swam off but within 2 days it died.😬

Old 21-03-2019, 08:49 PM posted to rec.ponds

I’ve just had this happen too! But the frog wasn’t gripping the gills it had actually lodged its legs into the koi’s eyes!! Yes it’s eye sockets! How in gods name it had done it I don’t know but I literally had to prise this frog off my koi and pull its front legs out of the koi’s eye sockets! It’s dark right now so I can’t check my fish over easily but fingers crossed it’s alright? It swam away but there must be damage? I fk hope it survives. I’ve never seen or heard of the before! I’m guessing the only reason the fish isn’t dead, it that the frog didn’t attach to the gills and suffocate the koi. Maybe that means she can survive albeit properly blinded
Old 27-03-2019, 02:36 PM posted to rec.ponds

Had the same issue here in suny Kent. Toad attached to the koi’s head, both front arms in the koi’s eyes but the toad was facing towards the tail - so the koi was able to breath but it looked like something from the film aliens. Doubtful it will have any sight left now but the toad - once removed - learnt how to fly into the neighbours garden.... apparently it only happens if there is no female toad in the pond...

Then an hour later noticed my black sturgeon was belly up on the bottom of the pond - scooped it out to find it too had a toad on its head. With Orange eyes and it had a claw or toe nail on each front hand (probably to grip the female) now the sturgeon is in a holding pool along with all my other fish. Had scrape marks all down it’s head where the toad had been trying to latch on. This was a big fish some 20” long yet it may not live the day thanks to a fk toad.

Anyone know of an “Anne summers” or “love honey” site for toads/frogs so I can get something else to distract the Randy so-and-so’s........