Old 15-05-2003, 02:44 PM
John Rutz

Default violation of all the rules

--now mind you Im just reporting on this its definitly not a recomendation

a friend of mine has had a pair of ponds in the 200 300 gallon range for
the last three years he has about 8 goldfish in the smaller and a mix
of 12 koii and goldfish in the larger some of these fish are 8-10 inches
he violates all the rules in that he does not do water changes, just
tops off the ponds has no pump or filter or plants feeds flake type
food from wally wourld as far as I know he has never cleaned out the
bottom of these ponds

his water generaly stays as clear as mine his fish seem to be doing fine
go figure

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 15-05-2003, 03:08 PM
BenignVanilla

"John Rutz" wrote in message

--now mind you Im just reporting on this its definitly not a

recomendation

a friend of mine has had a pair of ponds in the 200 300 gallon range for
the last three years he has about 8 goldfish in the smaller and a mix
of 12 koii and goldfish in the larger some of these fish are 8-10 inches
he violates all the rules in that he does not do water changes, just
tops off the ponds has no pump or filter or plants feeds flake type
food from wally wourld as far as I know he has never cleaned out the
bottom of these ponds

his water generaly stays as clear as mine his fish seem to be doing fine
go figure

I have a 55 gallon aquarium with plastic plants, because my tin foils eat
every plant I put in. I do not do water changes, I do not test my water
every week. I never lose fish. I only siphon the bottom when it gets dirty
looking.

About once a year, I get feeling guilty, about my hands off approach and I
start doing tests, water changes, etc. Fish start dieing.

IMHO, the key to a successful body of water is to get it balanced, and let
it go...if it ain't broke...ya know the rest...

BV.

Old 15-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Just Me \Koi\

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
"John Rutz" wrote in message

snip IMHO,...if it ain't broke...snip

then you need to work harder at breaking it ? ;-)

JMK the aspiring clown from Cucamonga

Old 19-05-2003, 12:20 AM
~ jan

There are always exceptions messing up our good advice. ;o) ~ jan

On Thu, 15 May 2003 07:29:41 -0600, John Rutz wrote:

[...]

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a