Old 18-05-2003, 11:08 AM
itten

Default Rock Salt vs Pond Salt

I added a little rock salt to my pond to try to soften it a little. Is
this a substitute for pond salt which was not available to me at the
time?
Old 18-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Moontanman

I added a little rock salt to my pond to try to soften it a little. Is
this a substitute for pond salt which was not available to me at the
time?

they are both the same but neither will "soften" the water. Salt makes the
water hard. soft water contain very little if any salts of any kind.

Moon
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild caught
please, contact me