Old 20-05-2003, 05:44 PM
Anthony Mason

Default Hyaciths wanted

Is anyone from the southern areas willing to sell and ship mature water
hyacinths? Here in Michigan they are hard to find and the ones that are
available are really puny and have doubled in price since last year.

Last year I started with 20 plants and by July I had to harvest them weekly
from my pond.

Thanx

Tony

Old 20-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Szpond

Tony,
Where in Michigan are you? Grass Roots in New Boston has them, also Barsons in
Westland ($2.99 each). Cathy
Old 22-05-2003, 06:44 AM
adavisus

Water hyacinth is frequently listed on ebay, just put the name into
the search engine there and take your pick.

Its not surprising water hyacinth is more scarce this year, many
southern areas had quite severe winter weather, many folk will have
lost them outdoors

http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.html
(andys aquatic plant list for interesting swaps