Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-05-2003, 12:20 AM
Sue Alexandre

Default Turtle ladder ideas?

Hi again.
Well, as thrilled as I am that the digging is over, the liner is laid, and
there's water in the turtle pond, I'm now seeing the things that I didn't
think through thoroughly enough. Actually this problem isn't terrible, but
does need a solution. I dug a donut shaped turtle pond, and the island in
the middle is elevated above the water level by 4 or 5 inches at some
points. Rather than have the turtle digging his claws into the liner
covering the island, I want to give him some ladders around the island. I
was thinking of using "Great Stuff" to attach some small rocks, but I don't
know how well it would stay on the perfectly vertical liner.... might just
slide off before it dries. Is there something else I can use to glue some
pebbles onto it with? Or do I buy a couple of parakeet ladders and somehow
attach them? I really don't like the idea of chicken wire.... any kind of
metal in ponds and on liners scares me. All suggestions are appreciated!
Sue